www.flickr.com

Friday, February 06, 2009

I have almost forgotten that I was the girl with the pink hair...


I'm trying hard to avoid hittin' the wall, crashing, having a meltdown, losin' my marbles.  Sinking into a Deep Blue Funk.  Sure the medication seems to be working, and the dog is reeeeally excited about going for walks in the sunshine.  Yes, we have had sunshine this week.  You'd think that would lift me, but I'm in danger of becoming a blob of apathy.

I am so sure that I'm black & white in a world of washed out colour.  I'm having a hard time looking in the mirror.

Oh, don't look.  I'm hideous.  Really, avert your eyes.

But you know what I think would really make a big difference?  

I need to dye my hair pink again. 

I'm thinking of getting some highlights.  

Just right there, y'know, just to kind of "frame the face" as the hairdressers say.

I think that would make me just a little happier every time I look in the mirror.

9 comments:

jay said...

Longtime lurker, first time poster. :P
But go for the pink hair! I just did it myself last week. While I can't say it's banished my depression (I wish!), it has certainly made it significantly easier to look in the mirror and not shudder.
Amazing the effects little things can have!

Olly said...

Yup, I gotta agree. I had my copper and blond highlights done a few days ago and it totally cheered me up. Although, I had let it go for so long I was avoiding mirrors and beginning to eye up my son's hats.

Heidi the Hick said...

Isn't it amazing how a little thing like that can make a difference?

(Now I just gotta scrape up some cash for the hairdresser. Hats are cheaper!)

The Preacherman said...

Pink is punky...go pink!!!!

Heidi Willis said...

you should! I think the last time you did it was last March before the Juno Awards.

It is amazing how such little things can change the way you feel, and the way life around you looks. Do it. You'll be so glad you did!

Heidi the Hick said...

Yeah, it's been almost a year since my last haircut.

I am so cheap.

And I don't really like taking three hours out of my day to sit in a chair and think about all the other crap I should be doing...!

Three hours a year, geez. I gotta get over that.

PINK HAIR!

Kerri said...

I'm with you. Hate going to the hairdresser, nails, anything like that. But you look so great with pink hair. I say do it.

JKB said...

Please. The pink hair is so awesome.

dilling said...

oh, the apathy...it's kind of strange how we feel like the meds may be working and yet there is still this "thing" there...
splurge on the hair and we'll help you figure out the rest when you get to vancouver....