www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

MY COVER'S BEEN BLOWN!!!!!!

hee hee hee, I knew it had to happen some day!

I wondered how long it would take before somebody I know stumbled across the thing and figured it out...

Last week as I pulled away from a stop sign, a woman in a red car stuck her arm out and waved at me. I know her; our kids have gone to the same school. She's a published author of two young adult fantasy novels. I kind of always wanted to ask her about it, how it all happened, how long she's been writing...but I just kind of sort of didn't contact her. And there she was waving and yelling, "I wanna talk to you!"

I waved back and wondered. Maybe the school librarian mentioned to Lynn that I'm working on getting published too. Maybe maybe maybe.

Yesterday she rolled into my driveway. "Does the name...MISS SNARK mean anything to you?"

At that point I made a noise that sounded something like this:

GACK!!!!

Turns out, Lynn saw a comment from this Hick person on Miss Snark's blog months ago. She checked out the profile. Wasn't sure who this person was, but came back often enough to figure it out. Despite my attempt at thinly veiled anonymity she put the pieces together: the construction project that took up half a year of my life, the horses, the two kids.

Yep, it's that Heidi.

This morning we sat down for a tea. It took over an hour to get through that tea. Because there was so much talking.

I've linked her blog now and please go check out her website too. I confess that I haven't read her books yet. They were a hot item at the school library though, and the town library, and my daughter's read both.


I'm not ready to totally unmask yet. I still have some weird privacy issues and haven't decided at this point exactly which of my surnames is going to be the one the world knows me for. But was it ever funny for Lynn to find me out here in blogworld, when she drives past my house every couple of days.


She thanked me for all the lovely Johnny Depp pictures...

...I wonder if Johnny reads blogs...


GACK!!!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

Biddie said...

LOL. Would you blow your cover for Johnny?

CindyDianne said...

I've a Johnny pic on my blog today.

That hasn't happened to me yet. I am still fairly veiled. Does it make you feel famous? ;-)

Biddie said...

get used to it, because you WILL be famous someday.

CindyDianne said...

Of course she will. You will get to say I knew her when. I'll get to say I read her when. I'll get all cleaned up and stand in line to have her sign her book. I'll get to the front of the line and say "CindyDianne, the BedHead Redhead here. Will you please sign this book for The Girl?" I'll be terribly excited. The Girl will be terrible excited. And then, I'll need to move aside for the other hundreds of people in line to get to her.

Oh, and I'll hand her a paper bag to breathe into...

Heidi the Hick said...

Cindy heck with the paper bag! Will you hold my hand?????

I almost forgot that it's talk like a pirate day today! OY!

I'm gonna steal your picture. I have to. Forgive me.

Anways yes Biddie I would blow my cover for Johnny! Heck I'd give him my home address, phone number, both email addresses, offer to comb Vanessa's spun-silk hair, and give the kids pony rides.

But I don't feel famous. eeeeeeeeeeeeeekk


Also Cindy, when this project is done, please don't let the girl read it yet! She's too young! She could haver read The One That Didn't Get Anywhere but this one is naaaaaasty.

You might like it though...

CindyDianne said...

I am sure I will like it! But, I'll take your advice and not let her read it! We like to pretend that she is all sweet and naive and all that right now!

Yes I'll hold you hand.

Of course you can steal my picture.

Heidi the Hick said...

Whew. The relief!

dilling said...

hee hee
I think we'd all GACK if we found the real Johnny Depp in your comment box.
it was only a matter of time, wasn't it?

Heidi the Hick said...

I think he's too big to fit. I mean, he's really not very big, I don't think, not like Jethro big...

That's not what you meant was it????

Yeah I think we'd all GACK collectively! And it was a matter of time.

I mean, I didn't really work THAT hard at staying incognito...!

FOUR DINNERS said...

That does it! Everywhere I go there's bloody authors gettin' mentioned.

Right.

Me blogmates have been tellin' me to do a book for ages.

Now I am and it's all your fault!

So there....

Heidi the Hick said...

oh yeah....YOU should definitely write a book!!!

katy said...

lol it does happen, i found a work collegues blog way back when!

Michael Colvin said...

Eeeekkk! If someone at work found my blog I would take it down in a heartbeat.

Heidi the Hick said...

Doesn't it make you cringe?????

Balloon Pirate said...

I think this is God's way of telling you to stop hiding under a bushel.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

yeharr

Heidi the Hick said...

"hide it under a bushel NO I'm gonna let it shine"

We used to sing that in Sunday School all the time. We'd shout the NO really loud. Good times.

You could be right y'know.