www.flickr.com

Monday, July 16, 2007

The West Coast. Of Ontario.


I love Lake Huron. If you ever get a chance to go there, do! Grand Bend is the party place, Bayfield is the incredibly quaint tourist destination and Goderich is the pretty town with the big harbour with the long beach and boardwalk. It's all small towns and big farms in that area and it's beautiful.

My son has asked that he now be known here, instead of as The Boy, as Bucky. I can't resist. Bucky it is! Here's Bucky with his awesome long mane. He hasn't had a haircut since about last September. I really can't get on his case about it, with me and my Semi-Annual haircut setting the example. If you've been reading awhile you'll know that Jethro's hair is almost as long as mine. We can't tell him that he'll never make anything of himself if he has long unruly hair. Besides I don't think any of the other Astrophysicisticians care if one rocket scientist has Robert Plant's hair circa 1973.



I'm not sure exactly what he's doing here but he's being very precise about it.



I wore my Stetson to the beach and took a picture for proof.



The straw Stetson is surprisingly effective beach headwear in terms of sunburn protection. Plus it makes folks look atcha kinda funny and I do enjoy that, I admit. The trick is to keep the hat string tight. A cowboy hat is like airplane wings in a stiff breeze. I don't know how real cowboys keep them on at a full gallop. I had to glare into the lake breeze like Clint Eastwood to avoid liftoff.



Jethro and I bailed at about 7 pm to get back to Mom and Dad's farm and check on the horses, barn cat, house cat, and yard Pug. The rest of the family stayed behind to watch the famous sunset. Did you know that you can see the sunset twice in one evening? You can see it in Goderich, then get in your car and head south to Bayfield and catch it again. I don't understand how that works, since I am not a scientist like Bucky. We tried the double sunset when we were teenagers but I don't remember if we ever succeeded. Maybe we only ended up with cloudy or hazy days when there wouldn't have been much sunset to observe. Then again, I have huge memory gaps. Maybe we did see the sunset twice in one evening. Apparently we saw a Robert Plant concert too. I don't remember what the sky was like then, either.

The Girl took a few pictures for me. She told me when they got home that it wasn't the prettiest, most magnificent sunset ever, but I assured her that her pictures were lovely.







11 comments:

LadyBronco said...

He does have a beautiful head-o-hair!

My guys like to have their heads shaved - expecially in the summertime.

Heidi the Hick said...

My long haired husband had buzzcuts until age 14.

This kid hates haircuts with a fury. I should have maybe gotten him a haircut before he was 2...

We have a deal. He keeps it combed, I don't hassle him. He lets it get tangled and dirty, I hassle.

It doesn't even bother him that it's hot in the summer or that he has to wear it in a ponytail now when he swims in the neighbour's pool, or even that sometimes people think he's a girl. He just doesn't care!!!

dilling said...

it's all so beautiful sometimes, isn't it?

Coffeypot said...

The water looked cold but the sunsets looked warm and cozy. Kudos to the Girl! She did a great job making something that isn’t the prettiest to something that is very pretty. Hair is hair. Let him enjoy it while he has it. He will cut it when it’s time for him to want it cut.

Timmy said...

awesome pics!!!

(((hugs)))

katy said...

so many places i want to visit and now another one to add to the list, yes it looks lovely, i love his hair.

Michael Colvin said...

It looks like you had a fun day :)

CindyDianne said...

I showed up in Jamaica with cowboy boots and jeans, I couldn't have gotten my spurs through security so I left them home. KB showed up in a straw Resistol, those Jamaicans just didn't know what to think!

The pictures are beautiful.

Biddie said...

I remember Jethro with buzzcuts.
'Nuff said.
Gorgeous photos. I'm kinda bummed that I didn't make it out to Goderich, but Shawn made it home that day, so it all came oout in the wash. :)

katy said...

just nominated you for an award over at my place

captain corky said...

Bucky looks like he knows what he's doing on the beach! I love kids!!!