www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

There are different kinds of CHIC. There's Shabby, there's Hick...

I know, it's like a freakin Rachel Ashwell book around here these days...






Are these pictures blurry??? I took 'em pretty early in the morning, man. Hard to tell.







I'm even loving these browned edges. I'm entranced by the whole process, from bud, to bloom, to fade.



Truthfully, this is the only beautiful spot in my house right now. I couldn't even take the photos with the piano as a backdrop because the piano's covered with dust and uh, christmas cards. Yeah. However, yesterday I ordered up my 355 pages of Epic Brilliant Genius (cough cough) to be printed and bound so that my three chosen test readers can get their hands on it. This means that it is real. It is no longer just an idea, or just a project.

Maybe now I can get my floor swept...ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

13 comments:

captain corky said...

LOL about the Christmas cards. And I thought I loved Christmas. ;)

Heidi the Hick said...

Haha! Actually I'm just reeeeally lazy. And easily distracted!

Heidi the Hick said...

Listen, if any of you click on that link...

my home is not in reality anything like Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic. My stuff is just good ol shabby. Also it's not chic to leave your Christmas cards on top of the piano until summer.

Just sayin.

But the peonies are gorgeous and at least a part of my dining room table looks good. I'm happy to report that yes, the table can be seen from the front door!

Biddie said...

Christmas cards? LOL. I thought that I was bad with my Christmas Village!
Great photos. :) Can't wait to read the book.

Anonymous said...

What gives with the flowers?

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie, you know I'm lazy.

Bug, dude, peace love and flowers maaaaaaan

And also, by posting pictures of flowers two days in a row I can avoid writing really heavy gripping prose, therefore leaving room in my brain for...other gripping prose...

dilling said...

oooh me, me, me, right?!?
c'mon, I know you mean me...
right? I CAN read, you know? Right?

Biddie said...

Not lazy, just challenged in certain areas...and this, I understand!

katy said...

beautiful flowers, wish i was one of the ones going to read your book, but i will read it when it is published.

Doughnut said...

I love how you grab something and fixate or obsess over it...until something else comes along. Makes me feel kinda normal - lol. j/k with ya Heidi! We leave the christmas lights on the outside pine tree year round although we don't plug them in so I can relate to the xmas cards.

Unknown said...

Hay man, leaving the lights on the tree all year round is just plain smart. Think of all the other things you could be doing instead of winding up christmas tree lights...you will add minutes to your life!

Heidi the Hick said...

Who's this Bucky character?

Timmy said...

wtg heidi!