www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 14, 2007

stopitstopitstopit STOP IT!

They won't stop! They keep calling me! I went out to my coach's barn and painted her fence and they kept talking to me!

MacFarlane, I says in my head, don't worry, you're gonna get a few short stories of your own, but no, he keeps bugging me. It's not about you! I tell him but he smirks at me cuz he knows how darn important he is!

Yes, I says in my head to another one, despite all of your insecurities, you are the hero. You just don't ever know it. You gotta trust me. Because, like, I invented you so you really do have to trust me.

And then Jenny and Katie have an argument about which one is more like me. Stop it, I yell silently. You're ALL me. Every last one of you! All of you, even the boys! You're all me because I INVENTED YOU so just stop it okay?

They did shut up when I took the pinto pony for a ride. There's another reason for me to ride regularly...the voices stop. I need a break sometimes.

Clarification: They drive me nuts. But I love it.

I have to get back to work. But I smell like sweat and lacquer thinners. Shower first. Then edit.

By the way, that fear that I'll miss these imaginary friends once the story's finished...

Yeah I'm pretty much over it. I just want to get them out of my head now.

(And in a perfect world, into yours.)

13 comments:

Balloon Pirate said...

What makes you think they'll leave just because you commit them to paper?

yeharr

Heidi the Hick said...

Yeah...I know....they'll quiet down a bit but they'll never leave completely.

Heidi the Hick said...

I don't really want them to leave completely either. I do like them all very much.

...just...need...peace...!

DINK said...

I AGREE THAT THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE ALL THE WAY! I WANNA HEAR THEM DERNIT.

LadyBronco said...

*snort*

I'd invite them over Heidi, but I'm having enough problems with my own right now.

lol...

Heidi the Hick said...

GAAAAHHHHH!

At what point is a thing actually finished???

I have it done. Done. Beginning, middle end. Got a file full of brilliance that I had to cut because it just didn't have room. Cutting room floor. My whole performance ended up on the cutting room floor. Deleted scenes. Special features. 3 hour director's cut.

AND I STILL HAVE THREE MISSING SCENES.

Gaping holes in the plot, so big I could drive my pickup truck through them.

See? and now I'm mixing my metaphors.

I have to write these scenes. Have to. Have to Have to.

See ya on Monday.

Therese said...

Oh, just wait until you've sold the thing and think you've moved on to a new story...but you have to do a few edits, then proofread the edits, then do a few more, then proofread, then go through the copyedited ms, etc., etc., rinse, repeat...

You won't miss them when you're done, I promise! Then, you'll just be glad to stop in a visit now and then...

DINK said...

BY THE WAY I POSTED PICS OF THE VISIT FROM MEL AND FAMILY IF`IN U WANNA COME SEE SOMETIME... WE HAD A BLAST!

captain corky said...

Peace is sometimes very desirable.

Anita said...

I almost envy you. My head has been way way too quite lately...

Doughnut said...

We have to get into your head and hear the same voices you do Heidi...so keep writing and describing them....and what they are saying.

Anonymous said...

The only voice I hear is the one writing my snoop bloggy blog.

Timmy said...

I am confused.