www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 10, 2007

This May or May Not be the truth about Me!

I've been tagged by Anissa to reveal a few random facts about myself. I had to think about what you don't know already, that I'm willing to reveal, and that isn't too dead boring.

1) I studied Pottery in college. This was in 1991, soon after the movie Ghost was a huge hit, and yes I had done my application for the course before I saw the movie!! I took a lot of joking about it though. I loved pottery; the wet clay squishing through my fingers, learning how to make a three dimensional and hopefully functional object, watching it take shape under my hands. The course also including drawing, art and craft history, photography and um...pub night. I only lasted a year. When Jethro got a job opportunity in Memphis, Tennessee, I decided not to finish the course. Now that I look back, I think the whole thing was an attempt to run away from what I really should have been studying, still telling myself that I couldn't write for a living and horses were just a hobby for me. What a joke. Like I thought I had a head for business to make a living selling my own work as a potter. In any case, I now have a high appreciation for hand made crafts!

2) I have ten moles on my face. Four in my eyebrows. Not including freckles. Seriously, I just counted them.

3) I have gained ten lbs in the last 6 months. I'm not totally happy about this. Because my Wranglers don't fit anymore. My chaps still fit around my thunder thighs up until about two years ago but I might have to give them away because I just ain't 18 anymore.

4) I wash my hair twice a week. Unless I get really dirty or the barn is particularly stinky. My friend's barn (where I chore twice during the weekdays) has dirt floors in the stalls and is bedded with shavings and really doesn't smell bad. I kind of like how my hair smells a few days after a wash and after a barn visit. And I don't think that makes me weird.

5) I am 36 years old and I still practice making funny faces in the mirror.

6) I have a pretty bad phone phobia. I hate anwering it. I sometimes go for days without checking messages and then I have to get Jethro to do it because I'd rather hide under my desk.

7) It's not that I hate housecleaning...it's just that I never know how to start. I stand there and stare at the mess, run a hand through my hair, wonder if I should dust first and then vacuum, or pick things up first, or wash the dishes, or should I run a load of laundry first and then sweep, or get a bag started to give to the thrift store...and then I either siddown with a book or go outside. This is why I don't often invite people over to my house...

8) I'm paranoid about dirty feet in my bed. In the summer everybody has to wash their feet before bed and I freak out if the cat and dog get their paws on my bedsheet. They're allowed on the comforter but NOT where I get in! I won't even wear the socks I walked around in during the day to bed. I have special bed socks. If I find grit in my bed I lose my mind. Oddly, tiny green bits of hay don't bother me. Again I do not think this makes me weird- I think it makes perfect sense.

I'm not very good at tagging people...so could you all just write back and tell me what we have in common? Or not!

15 comments:

Nölff said...

We are just alike... except for the pottery thing.

People think I'm paranoid because I don't talk on the phone. I hate it.

katy said...

ok i had 4 moles on my face, had them removed 20years ago, my son has 15!
i love that you still make faces in the mirror!
and when friends come to visit they come to visit you not your housework, so chill out do it when and how you want to do it, if at all!

Heidi the Hick said...

Nolff, I'll tell ya what my bestest always says...

PARANOIA'S JUST GOOD SENSE WHEN EVERYBODY'S OUT TO GETCHA!!!

Indoors- do you still make funny faces in the mirror too???

Biddie said...

The phone thing...you know where I stand with that. I talk to you, and Kelly. Sometimes, when my brother calls, I hide..If I don't know who's on th ephone..I hide. it makes my chest tight just to hear the phone ring at times.
Oh, the bed thing? Shawn calls me Princess, as in The Princess and The Pea. If I feel ANY grit in my bed...GRRRR...I make Shawn wipe his feet before he comes to bed. unfortunately, that means that he will sometimes wipe his feet on my head...

Balloon Pirate said...

I'm with ya on #7. In the end I just have to acknowledge that I have to start SOMEWHERE and just get to it.

Somewhat on #8. I wouldn't call myself paranoid, but I don't like it when I get bumpies and crusties between the sheets.

And I would think that after 36 years, you'd have perfected #6 by now.

yeharr

Bunny said...

I am right there with ya' on ol' #7("cleaning")!! I thought I was the only one like that!!
I won't tolerate puppy feet on the sheets, either, just the bedspread.
And I don't think we should EVER stop practicing funny faces in the mirror!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Heidi the Hick said...

Well you know guys, as for #6...

Even though I'm pretty good at the funny faces by now, I am still practicing!!! I agree, we should never stop.

Anonymous said...

I am with ya on number 3 but then again I don't care I am happy.

Travis Erwin said...

Not a lot in common although my answering machine has blinking back and forth between 47, for the number of messages and F for full going on two weeks.

terry said...

housecleaning. bleh. i often don't know where to start, either.. but more often, when i DO start, i get distracted. for instance, i'll notice some crud behind my cookbooks and suddenly i'm tearing apart my entire kitchen and cleaning every nook and cranny when all i wanted was a basic housecleaning.

this just reminds me what a mess my place is right now...

captain corky said...

5) I am 36 years old and I still practice making funny faces in the mirror.

I'm 36 and I like to make funny faces in the mirror and at my wife.

LadyBronco said...

I hate, hate, hate talking on the phone!

I would much rather IM someone.

Crafty Missus said...

i too have a phone and bed phobia, DON'T like people other than the three of us lounging on the bed....
and i also only wash my hair twice a week...

Heidi the Hick said...

See, we're all a bunch aren't we!!

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

you seem amazing to me...i can relate to most your quirks...