www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 01, 2007

PARTYING IN THE SAME BUILDING WITH ROCK STARS!

Sunday 11am. Ready for breakfast after 7 hours sleep. Ah feel good. Much of yesterday evening was spent with my belly alternating between queasy and jittery, hands shaking, face cracking with a grin, eyes watering, throat choking....man, I feel SO GOOD!

Here's me going up the stairs to the fancy dinner, in what a young tattoed feller later in the night referred to as "that sassy pink dress"...

Isn't it funny how my skirt puffed up and made by butt look huge? Hahahahaha. Haha. Ha.

Here's me in front of one the screens, feeling very silly.




Here's me making partying arrangements while Jethro makes party arrangements on his Handheld Communication Device. Jethro looked amazing last night. This is his Man In Black outfit, or, his Biker With a Court Date look. He was so handsome and I felt extremely proud of him!




Here's a picture of me at the CTV party, gazing at a huge Warholesque portrait of Ben Mulroney. This may be as close as I ever get!!!



Notice my Maryanne shirt. Ginger or Maryanne??? We zipped back to our room so I could ditch the sexy boots for my running shoes and jeans. And Jethro had to lose the tie. You can only be respectful for so long...

I just want you all to know that on the way into the venue last night, I smiled big at the crouching photographer at the door. Oh yes, I gave it to him. He took a second picture. I'm sure at some point he figured out that we're nobodies and promptly deleted the pictures but damn, I had a moment of fun!

Number of times I walked on a red carpet before the real red carpet show: 1. I linked arms with two nominees that I happen to have been hanging with and took a walk on a carpet in front of a bar. It was fun.

Number of guys who told me I looked hot: 5 (including my own man!)

Number of guys who gave me the ol' up-and-down eyeball: 2

Women who complimented me: 3 and that means almost more than a compliment from the guys.

Complimented my hair: 2

Complimented me on my hair matching my dress: 1

People who looked at me like they were trying to figure out who I was: 10

Band we sat with at dinner: Evans Blue

Number of awards given out last night: 32

Number of awards won by Nelly Furtado: 2

Number of full sentences in her acceptance speeches: Zero

Number of spouses who jumped up and down and squealed when husband's name was called: 1

Number of rock stars who remembered me from last year: 2

Number of free beers consumed at after-party: 3

Producer who remembered me from 15 years ago when he was a singer and Jethro was a junior engineer and I was a girlfriend: 1

How much I love my man: Unfathomable.

Must go now-- eat, shower, get cleaned up for the Really Big Show. Today's a big day.

16 comments:

terry said...

i love that dress!

and i love this post.

can't wait to hear more.

dilling said...

wwwwwwwwwoooohhhooooooooo

cadbury_vw said...

how about that finale by champion

amazing, hey?

----

BTW - you look great!

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Great dress!

I liked the "Biker with a Court Date" description of Jethro's outfit. Made me laugh out loud!

Party on!

Crafty Missus said...

woweee!! yer hot missus!!
and yer arse don't look big, it is the upward step that widens and flattens the behind! i remembers that from art school.
i missed the juno's due to a little grumpy butt (actually it was his teethe that were grumpy, not his butt...)
looking forward to the recap!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Where's Hedley? I was only able to watch about 5 minutes of the Junos because I was out voted by members of the household.

Angela said...

You rock! Ur way cute in your lil pink dress. I bet your havin a blast.

Hey uhh... Nelly Furtado?... kinda sucks. Am I right?

Mackey said...

That dress friggin' RAWKS!!!!!!
Goawd...you are sooo cool!!
I wanna be just like u when I grow up!!!:)
Seriously, you were one hawt Mama!

katy said...

wow stunning dress, only 3 free beers!

CindyDianne said...

oh ugh! Can we have an update already! I am waiting with bated breath. Or is it baited breath? Baited breath doesn't sound too appealing. It makes me think of minnows and earth worms and stinky catfish bait. I believe I will go with bated breath, whether that is correct or not.

cadbury_vw said...

bated breath

is abated breath - withheld breath in anticipation

like the "don't hold your breath" waiting kind of thing...

Heidi the Hick said...

ok ok ok!

Just got home half an hour ago and we're up to our eyeballs in luggage, pets, and dirty clothes! I have been awake for...a long time...I'm not sure exactly...but I'm painfully tired!!!!!!! I ran out of battery in my camera ON THE WAY TO THE RED CARPET and I have to wait for a friend to email me pictures!!!

Also I'm hungry.

Also I'm still buzzing with happiness.

Also this week has been a huge blur and I'm still sorting it all out. Lotsa funny stuff. I laughed, I cried, I shook.

Let me recover and you'll get more...

Romeo Morningwood said...

You need to change the 'Hick' to HIP Chic!
When do you start on Entertainment Canada?
For the record that Mulroney poster is pure sacrilege!
Where is the dirt?
Start Dishin'!

Jessica said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I still enjoyed reading it.

captain corky said...

Maryann for sure. ;) I thought I commented on this post but it turns out that I didn't. I better pull my head out of my ass.

jo(e) said...

I love that dress!